Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, August 10, 2012

B is for Banana (yesterday)

So on my first Alphabet Food Challenge (AFC) Day I had an apple but I figured that's boring, just to eat an apple.  Everyone eats apples right?

Well, actually apples are different to me.  To me, apples represent adulthood and choices.  I know, not what you expected right? Let me explain.

When I was growing up we had apples in our house; not everyday and as part of a regular diet but they were around.  I also got one every year at Christmas in my stocking (I know right, how sad is that getting fruit was rare enough it became a Christmas present).  Anyway, we had red apples, the ones everyone knows: Red Delicious.  And they were. Red. And Delicious that is. And to my chagrin, I found out a few years ago that apples come in more than one color.




That's right, I didn't know or realize there were green apples, pink apples, yellow apples, golden apples, and more.  And I've tried them all now and think I've picked a favorite.  The Yellow Delicious apples and the Granny Smith are 1st and 2nd in my choice list now, respectively.  I love learning new things and knowing that I can change the patterns and habit I grew up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment