Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Clear cache and reboot

I'm writing this on Saturday with a heavy heart.  My wife's in-laws came to town last week and had their vacation.  It was amazing; we did so much together and toured parts of South Florida I hadn't had "time" to visit.  At least I thought so but now I know, It wasn't a priority. (Thanks @NerdFitness for teaching me that here.

They all flew home yesterday and I go back to work in a couple days. This week had a lot of high points with tons of activities!  We went on sightseeing tours, explored museums, discovered hidden places along the waterfront and walked a TON.  We found a new spot on the beach that my wife and I are going to return to soon.  Also, I bought an epic hat.  Yes, yes it is nice isn't it?

We're so grateful they had the opportunity to come here and experience the culture and sights with us but if I can be perfectly honest, I'm beat. I need a vacation from my vacation.  And of course, there's the bad stuff that happened, the food.

So how about a list? We like lists!

  • Taco Bell
  • Five Guys
  • Pad Thai
  • Pizza
  • Wings
  • Burger King
  • Pollo Tropical
  • Chili Dogs
  • Bubba Gump Shrimp
  • Nachos
  • Dunkin Donuts
  • Empandas
  • Empandas
  • Empandas
  • Cuban Sandwich
  • Chick-Fil-A
  • Soft Shell Crab BLT
  • Nachos
  • Fried Gator
  • Steak N Shake
  • Dominos

So there you have it: a week of bad decisions intermingled with lots of walking and sweating.  You cannot work off a bad diet I've always heard so it looks like I'm celebrating my week off and 50 pound milestone with a little backtracking but you know what?  That's OK with me.  I know what I did to lose the weight, I know what I did to regain some and I know how to fix me.  I just need to refocus and it begins NOW.  So I'm resetting myself and recommitting to what I'm doing.  Next time I will try harder and will succeed so let's get today over with so I can see where I stand and evaluate the damage I need to undo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment